Youth Development Program
Birkby Rose Hill Cricket Club has fielded youth teams for the past seven years providing them and the community with opportunities to learn to play and love the game of cricket. We have had a number of players develop through our youth teams and go on to play senior cricket at some of the premier cricket clubs in Yorkshire.
With our new association with The Eshaki Foundation, BRHCC will begin to provide a dedicated Youth Development Club Programme during the 2017 cricket season, followed by the introduction of a community programme/course from 2018.
The Youth Development Club Programme at BRHCC during 2017 will:
- Improve the standard of young players at the club and throughout the community in order to provide them with greater opportunities to succeed in school, club, district and county age group cricket.
- Develop young players technical, tactical, physical and mental skills within the cricket game.
- Provide children between the ages of nine and fifteen with an appropriate level of support for their age and ability throughout the year.
- Provide players with the opportunity to develop their cricket skills and understanding of the game, encouraging a lifelong passion for cricket to grow.
- Ensure player coach ratios will be kept to a maximum of 6:1 to ensure players have the best opportunity to succeed.
- Nurture the skills of cricketers and give players the opportunity to fulfil their potential within Yorkshire's player pathway.
It is important to also recognize the huge part Parents will need to play in ensuring that the young players fulfill their potentials and build a career in cricket. We hope that the partnership we envisage between the club and parents will lead to a successful Youth Programme.
For more information,